Wireless technology has been designed to make life easier and more enjoyable. It’s pretty hard to live without it now, am I right? But with wireless technology comes health concerns and we need to find safer ways to use it.
According to Professor Olle Johansson, the amount of radiation that is penetrating our bodies today compared to just 10 years ago has increased by one quintillion times. That is a number with 18 0’s! Now that’s a scary thought.
Some items found in the home that can produce EMF radiation:
- Mobile phones
- Telecommunications towers
- Wireless devices including baby monitors and Bluetooth devices
- Laptops and Tablets using Wi-Fi
- Smart meters
- Cordless home phones
- Corded devices such as clock radios and electric blankets.
I know you’re probably thinking, I have all of those in my home! Don’t worry, I have some easy swaps or alternative ways to use them in a safer way. You don’t have ditch all these things, or wear a tin hat.
Are you wondering what EMF radiation can do to us?
EMF exposure can have a range of effects such as headaches, sleeplessness, nose bleeds, nausea, cancers, electro sensitivity, fatigue and a range of other health effects. EMF has the potential to mutate our DNA and damage our blood / brain barrier.
Since wireless technology, we have seen increases in cancers, behavioural issues in children and an array of health issues, which many scientists believes is correlated to this technology.
A few not so fun facts
- In 1985 in the USA there were 900 phone towers, now… there are over 215,000; with 5g coming this is going to skyrocket
- If phones had had pre-market testing they would not have been allowed for sale. The safety testing on mobiles is inadequate and dated (based on 25 year old data)
- The WHO (World Health Organisation) has deemed mobile radiation a ‘possible carcinogen’ in the same category as lead
- Two independent studies performed in 2011 concluded it SHOULD be classed as a carcinogen but nothing has been done.
- France, Spain, Italy and Cyprus, to name a few countries, have now eradicated Wi-Fi in schools as they are recognising the potential harm it can cause particularly on children
- A child less than 16 years of age should not be exposed to any form of EMF as their heads and brains are growing rapidly
Unfortunately, most of the studies that have been performed over the years have been funded by these billion dollar tech companies, so all the data is not conclusive. Remember, we were once told smoking was good for us, all the research was done by the tobacco companies. Once people started to get sick, that was when independent studies were performed. This is no different to the cigarette scenario but it’s much, much bigger as we have no choice to get away from it. It will take much, much longer to accumulate the data than cigarettes did.
So what can you do about it?
We can’t do a great deal when we are outside or in a café that has Wi-Fi, when we walk past a mobile phone tower or are exposed unwillingly in our environments. But, in your home, you can reduce your exposure and even eradicate it at times. Think about how long you spend in your home. Generally we spend a minimum of 10 hours a day in our homes; we could halve our exposure each day by making some simple swaps.
Click here to download your guide to simple swaps in the home to reduce your EMF exposure. With extra tips on how you can reduce it while out and about too!
As we have no choice with environmental EMF pollution, whether it being a smart meter on your home or sitting in an office building with a mobile tower on top, there are still things we can do to reduce our exposure and do what we can to protect our health and the health of our loved ones!
I hope this is useful to you and you can start to make some of these swaps straight away!